PDA

View Full Version : What happenned to Squeezebox 3 Silver?

gb115b
2007-04-15, 04:16
eh? can't seem to find it in the uk?

JimC
2007-04-15, 09:50
We're phasing out the Black/Silver and White/Silver models over time. We'll support them as long as we have components, but we'll be selling just the Black/Black at some point in time. It's a function of demand -- the "none more black" version outsells the others by a wide margin.

Black/Silver is no longer available. We've still got some white units left, but the Spring White Sale is moving most of those out.

-=> Jim

gb115b
2007-04-15, 09:56
right, so if i can find a black / silver i should snap it up!

or is it because squeezebox 4 is on the way???

i don't want to waste money on 2 squeezeboxes if something good is round the corner...

crooner
2007-04-15, 10:01
Thanks for the heads-up. It seems like indeed the SB4 is just about to be released. Since the all-black SB3 will remain available, I'm guessing the new model will be better and not a cheap "wal-mart" version as it has been speculated...

gb115b
2007-04-15, 10:04
[QUOTE=crooner;195124]It seems like indeed the SB4 is just about to be released.[QUOTE]

source?

JimC
2007-04-15, 10:07
right, so if i can find a black / silver i should snap it up!

or is it because squeezebox 4 is on the way???

i don't want to waste money on 2 squeezeboxes if something good is round the corner...

The nature of the technology industry is that there is always something "better" being developed. Logitech, as a general rule, doesn't pre-announce new products so I'm afraid that we wouldn't be able to comment on any products that might be "on the way."

Personally, I don't think you would "waste money" on a Squeezebox, but I may be a bit biased. After all, selling them pays my salary ;-)

-=> Jim

gb115b
2007-04-15, 10:11
hmm i only want black silver ones...so i may try and see if i can get any second-hand off ebay...sorry if that doesn't help your salary much...

two transporters are a bit off my budget...and if i get one i'll have to upgrade my entire soundsystem to get the best out of it!

crooner
2007-04-15, 10:11
[QUOTE=crooner;195124]It seems like indeed the SB4 is just about to be released.[QUOTE]

source?

Just read between the lines. And like Jim was saying this is fast paced industry. The technology of the current model is now 2 years old.

Now, whether the new model will offer substantially improved sound remains to be seen...

gb115b
2007-04-15, 10:13
as long as its substantially more silver i'll be happy...

can't have a black squeezebox with silver seperates...and who has white ones???

crooner
2007-04-15, 10:15
I agree. Slim should offer a better looking case, perhaps in brushed aluminum, silver anodized. But this would add substantially to the cost.

I'm only hoping they will stick to the 5V supply source. This way I can continue to use my custom made power supplies!