PDA

View Full Version : design/usage problem with Slimscrobbler

alextegg
2007-03-06, 05:10
Hi,

I use this all the time and it's great. However, when the missus is doing her aerobics I don't want all the music she is listening to submitted into my profile - how can I make this happen ?

Not aware of any settings to easily switch the scrobbler on and off, or to say don't scrobble from this playlist??

Ta

Alex

Craig, James \(IT\)
2007-03-06, 07:40
You can easily change submission account & status from the player
settings page in the web interface or from the plugins menu in the
player.

James
--------------------------------------------------------

NOTICE: If received in error, please destroy and notify sender. Sender does not intend to waive confidentiality or privilege. Use of this email is prohibited when received in error.

alextegg
2007-03-06, 07:52
Yes, I thought of that, but the mrs can't do that. It needs to be automated, like not sumbitting certain playlists.

Is there a programmatic way of switching submission on and off that I could automate into the system?

Ta

Alex

SadGamerGeek
2007-03-06, 10:29
...or you could just admit that sometimes you listen to really embarrassing music, and stop trying to blame it on the missus ......

:-)

stinkingpig
2007-03-06, 11:02
On 3/6/07, SadGamerGeek
<SadGamerGeek.2n1azz1173202202 (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com> wrote:
>
> ...or you could just admit that sometimes you listen to really
> embarrassing music, and stop trying to blame it on the missus ......
>
> :-)
>

/me just looooooves the Harry Potter audiobooks... not. And to add
insult to injury, Last.fm is complaining that I tagged them JK Rowling
instead of J.K. Rowling. http://www.last.fm/music/Jk+Rowling

--
"I spent all me tin with the ladies drinking gin,
So across the Western ocean I must wander" -- traditional

OffBeatMammal
2007-03-06, 11:23
funnily enough I was thinking about this as a potential problem....

I was about to try and find out if SlimServer will let me set up a couple of profiles (streaming to two different squeezeboxes) and have a different playlist to each... and have the relevant Last.FM accounts assigned to the playlist for scrobbling....

so I know what techno, R&B, p-funk I've been listening to, and my wife can keep track of her Enya habbit.

We actually need to set up about 5 playlists for general use (one for me, one for my wife, one for my daughter, a "family room" one and a mealtimes one) - with LastFM Scrobbling only on me and my wife... (of course, not sure if Slim supports that sort of setup...)

erland
2007-03-06, 11:59
James, did you look at improving the interface towards the SlimScrobbler plugin so another plugin could change the active scrobbler user account by calling a function or CLI command ?

The Multi Library plugin is able to execute actions when the user changes library in the Multi Library plugin, it is also possible to define which library that should be active on each SqueezeBox. Today it only supports executing CLI commands as an action but that would be pretty easy be extended so it also supports executing a function as an action. Unfortunately I would need to dig into the internals of SlimScrobbler if I should do it today, unless there already has been some improvement in the interface towards the SlimScrobbler plugin in the last weeks.

If there was a function that returned available user accounts and another function or CLI command that could be called to change the current user account, I think some of these problems would be possible to solve using the Multi Library plugin.

htrd
2007-03-06, 13:22
alextegg wrote:

> Is there a programmatic way of switching submission on and off that I
> could automate into the system?

Im running on linux, and have hacked the init script (which starts
slimserver on boot) to use a sed script (below) to change the slimscrobbler
account back to "hers". I just have to remember to change the account
preference back before I listen to anything. You could use a similar
approach even if you are running a different operating system which does
not have sed handy

sed -i "s/plugin_scrobbler_userid: myaccount/plugin_scrobbler_userid:
heraccount/" /etc/slimserver/slimserver.pref

James
2007-03-06, 15:17
Nothing yet!
I'm planning on integrating LastFM & SlimScrobbler further in 7.0 so it will make sense to add features like this only once that's done.

James

James
2007-03-22, 13:18
James, did you look at improving the interface towards the SlimScrobbler plugin so another plugin could change the active scrobbler user account by calling a function or CLI command ?

Right, I've finally got round to this. I couldn't work out what the standard format for CLI commands was, so this is what I've got so far:

All accounts:
slimscrobbler accounts ?
responds with
slimscrobbler accounts count:3 username:default username:craigjam username:test

(the first one will always be default)

Player's account - query:
<player> slimscrobbler account ?
responds with
<player> slimscrobbler account count:1 username:craigjam

Player's account - set:
<player> slimscrobbler account <userid>
responds with the same text (is that right?)

Does that look OK?

James

erland
2007-06-01, 21:45
Right, I've finally got round to this. I couldn't work out what the standard format for CLI commands was, so this is what I've got so far:

All accounts:
slimscrobbler accounts ?
responds with
slimscrobbler accounts count:3 username:default username:craigjam username:test

(the first one will always be default)

Player's account - query:
<player> slimscrobbler account ?
responds with
<player> slimscrobbler account count:1 username:craigjam

Player's account - set:
<player> slimscrobbler account <userid>
responds with the same text (is that right?)

Does that look OK?

JamesIs this SlimScrobbler version with CLI support available somewhere ?
It looks like the CVS at sourceforge contained a 7.0 version which had this functionality.
Is this only available in 7.0, or does it also exist in 6.5 somewhere ?
Is the 7.0 version in CVS ready to use (for development purposes) ?

James
2007-06-02, 07:09
Hi Erland,
the CLI commands are only in the version for SlimServer 7.0, which is what's in the SlimScrobbler CVS.
That version is working fine last time I checked!

James