PDA

View Full Version : Random Mix, how to include or exclude genres?

janti
2007-01-29, 15:43
I chose "Random Mix" in SlimServer, I go to "Select genres to include".

Lots of genres are listed, and I may remove the X or leave it there. But what does it mean: Are the genres included if I remove the X or if I leave it?

Further on: There seems to be no way to confirm the choice I make.

Is there a step by step manual somewhere? I've been experimenting with this for a while now, and I don't find it intuitive.

Regards

Jan

Skunk
2007-01-29, 16:02
You select the genres to include, then click either 'save' at the bottom, which makes it stick after restarts. Or you can click 'play random songs' at the top and it will play only the genres selected, but go back to the last saved config after restart.

Hope that Helps.

DrNic
2007-01-29, 16:49
I chose "Random Mix" in SlimServer, I go to "Select genres to include".

Lots of genres are listed, and I may remove the X or leave it there. But what does it mean: Are the genres included if I remove the X or if I leave it?

Further on: There seems to be no way to confirm the choice I make.

Is there a step by step manual somewhere? I've been experimenting with this for a while now, and I don't find it intuitive.

Regards

Jan
Hi Jan
If you are doing this via the remote on your Squeezebox then the X denotes that that genre is selected (sort of self-explantory as if you select the first option "all genres" then the X is in that choice). Other than scrolling through the genres on the SB display to check those you have selected I see no other way to confirm the selection on the device itself.
I do not know if there is a walk through guide for this - have you checked in the Wiki?

Hope this helps

Nic