X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Husted
    • Apr 2006

New adding song to playlist feature?

Hi all,
    I have a request for another way of adding songs to the playlist. Please let me know if such plugin is already available of if Slimserver already can be configured this way, thanks.

Let's say that the user is selecting song 1 from album A. When song 1 is finished (and nothing was added) the remaining songs in album A should play.
    Now while song 1 from album A is playing the user adds song 3 from album B and song 4 from album C.

The playlist should now look like this:
    Song 1 album A -> Song 3 album B -> Song 4 album C -> remaining songs from album C.

Can this be done?
    There's an option in Slimserver that automatically will play all songs in the current album (forgot the exact name of the feature) but adding new songs will push them to the end of the playlist (which includes all songs from the current album), not after the song that was initial selected by the user. Slimserver will have to keep track of which files are in the playlist because they where added and which is added indirectly.

Did this make sense?
  • Marc Sherman

New adding song to playlist feature?

Husted wrote:
    >
    > Let's say that the user is selecting song 1 from album A. When song 1
    > is finished (and nothing was added) the remaining songs in album A
    > should play.
    > Now while song 1 from album A is playing the user adds song 3 from
    > album B and song 4 from album C.
    >
    > The playlist should now look like this:
    > Song 1 album A -> Song 3 album B -> Song 4 album C -> remaining songs
    > from album C.

Holding down the Add key will add the selected song immediately after
    the currently playing song, instead of at the end of the playlist.

See the docs page "Remote Control Reference" in your slimserver web ui.

- Marc

Comment

• Husted
      • Apr 2006

Thanks, I didn't know that.
      I hope that it only adds the selected song and not the entire album, I'll give it a try once I get home.

Comment

• aubuti
        • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Husted
        I hope that it only adds the selected song and not the entire album, I'll give it a try once I get home.
        I'm too far from my SB to try this and confirm it, but I'm pretty sure that it will add whatever is showing on the SB when you press-and-hold. If it's the specific song, you get just the song. If it's the album, you get the album.
        Main system: SB3 > Emotiva XDA-1 > NAD C 325BEE > Vandersteen 1
        Living room: SB2 > Audioengine HD6
        Kitchen/dining: SB2 > AudioSource AMP 100 > 2-pairs of Polk Audio RC60i in-ceiling speakers
        Deck/patio: SB Receiver > AudioSource AMP 100 > Polk Atrium 45
        Study: SB Radio
        Quiet time: Hifiman Sundara headphones plugged into NAD amp or iPhone + AudioQuest Dragonfly Red DAC/amp
        LMS 8.3 running on a Raspberry Pi3 (piCore), controlled using iPeng, SB Controllers and Squeezepad

Comment

Working...