PDA

View Full Version : Synchronization with Players & PC speakers

Matt Shelton
2006-05-20, 08:28
Hi there, I like to listen to music in three rooms: our living room, our bedroom and our den. My PC is in the den, and it is connected to speakers in the den. I have two SB3s, one in the living room and one in the bedroom. I love synching the SB3s so I can listen to the same music in the living room and bedroom. But can I get SlimServer to sync/play the same music simply through my PC and PC speakers - i.e., without a 3rd SB3? If so, I haven't been able to figure out how!

snarlydwarf
2006-05-20, 08:37
Click 'help' in the browser interface and run softsqueeze on the PC. It won't sync exactly, though: the various layers of Java and device driver and sound card buffers make that nearly impossible to do. It is usually close enough tho. (I just cheat and turn up the living room sound really loud... but, then, I'm single. :P)

davep
2006-05-20, 08:38
Second time this has come up in 24 hours! - see the other thread here - http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=24013

davep

Matt Shelton
2006-05-20, 10:43
Thank you gentlemen! I didn't realize it would be so easy.

Michaelwagner
2006-05-20, 23:15
(I just cheat and turn up the living room sound really loud... but, then, I'm single. :P)
Which of these is cause, and which effect?

snarlydwarf
2006-05-21, 00:20
Hrrm, well, my gift to myself to celebrate my new-found freedom was the first SB. (And the Ex- visited after that, and wasn't impressed...)

So I'd say being single lets me turn up stuff loud.

Pyschochicks 23 and 29 do seem to enjoy loud music tho.