PDA

View Full Version : Playlists Buggy?

uhansen
2006-04-16, 14:25
Hi --

The playlist feature in SlimServer seems to be quite buggy - it routinely deletes the first song in the playlist, edits / renames don't take effect, etc.

What do you guys do? Is there another way to maintain & import playlists?

Thanks!

smc2911
2006-04-16, 15:21
For longer playlists, I use foobar2000 to create/edit the list and then save it in the directory SlimServer looks at (I use m3u format). Since I'm using SlimServer on a linux machine, I then have to open the m3u file in a text editor and do a global search & replace to change the paths to a relative path (in my case I replace "M:\" with "..\" because I have mapped my music directory to the M: drive on my windows box and the playlist folder is in the same directory). This last bit is a little bit painful, so I need to work out how to use relative paths in foobar2000.

Sean.

uhansen
2006-04-16, 16:02
It appears to be realated to German Umplauts in the filename - they show and play correct when browsed via 'Browse Album', but don't work in a SlimServer playlist (works fine when foobar2000 reads the playlist).

Renaming the file and rescannig the library did the trick ...

davep
2006-04-16, 18:25
For longer playlists, I use foobar2000 to create/edit the list and then save it in the directory SlimServer looks at (I use m3u format). Since I'm using SlimServer on a linux machine, I then have to open the m3u file in a text editor and do a global search & replace to change the paths to a relative path (in my case I replace "M:\" with "..\" because I have mapped my music directory to the M: drive on my windows box and the playlist folder is in the same directory). This last bit is a little bit painful, so I need to work out how to use relative paths in foobar2000.

Sean.
Sean, an alternative for Linux that I use is to run XMMS and open the Playlist window. With a Nautilus window open to my music drive next to it I can drag and drop songs to make or extend a playlist, then save it with an m3u extension to my SlimServer playlists folder. Takes care of paths and is reasonably straightforward to use.

davep