PDA

View Full Version : problem running 6.5b1, SVN6805

Philip Meyer
2006-04-02, 15:06
When I try to run slimserver up, I instantly get the following:

mkdir file:///P:/: Invalid argument at P:/Music/SlimServer/trunk/server/Slim/Utils/Prefs.pm line 447

I had a look at the code - seems to be looking for the cache dir and attempting to create it if it doesn't exist.

My slimserver.pref file contains:
cachedir: P:\Music\SlimServer\server\Cache

This Cache folder existed. I tried deleting it, but get the same error.

Phil

Philip Meyer
2006-04-02, 15:32
>My slimserver.pref file contains:
>cachedir: P:\Music\SlimServer\server\Cache
>
I may have been looking at the wrong folder for my slimserver.pref file (I may have looked in my original slimserver install folder, rather than the svn checkout folder that I am running slimserver.pl from). I just double-checked the content, and now see that it contains:

cachedir: file:///P:/Music/SlimServer/server/Cache

I have tried completely deleting the cache folder and moving the slimserver.pref file, and get the same error. I can see a small default slimserver.pref file gets created, and contains the line above.

Phil

Philip Meyer
2006-04-02, 15:41
>cachedir: file:///P:/Music/SlimServer/server/Cache
>
I have managed to get the server to run up by reverting to SVN 6798 and hand-editing the slimserver.prefs file to remove all file:/// prefixes (and change any %20 to a space character in some of my other paths).

I also had to create my Cache folder. I thought slimserver used to create this folder if it didn't exist? Is that a bug?

Phil

evanhood
2006-04-02, 16:18
ah, good to see I'm not the only one having this issue. At this point I'm just going to hang out and wait for a fix, but wanted to let whoever was working on the issue know your error is happening for more than one person.

Dan Sully
2006-04-02, 17:37
* Phil Meyer shaped the electrons to say...

>When I try to run slimserver up, I instantly get the following:
>
>mkdir file:///P:/: Invalid argument at P:/Music/SlimServer/trunk/server/Slim/Utils/Prefs.pm line 447
>
>I had a look at the code - seems to be looking for the cache dir and attempting to create it if it doesn't exist.
>
>My slimserver.pref file contains:
>cachedir: P:\Music\SlimServer\server\Cache

Ok - I just checked in a fix. You may need to edit your slimserver.pref file
and remove the file:/// for audiodir, cachedir & playlistdir.

-D
--
Do not panic, do not panic! We are trained professionals!
Now, stay calm. We are going around the leaf.

evanhood
2006-04-02, 17:54
Yep, that did the trick, didn't have to edit any files either.

Philip Meyer
2006-04-03, 02:18
>Ok - I just checked in a fix. You may need to edit your slimserver.pref file
>and remove the file:/// for audiodir, cachedir & playlistdir.
>
Thanks - seems to have done the trick.

However, I am still getting the other problem I posted about a crash when trying to update the firmware. Perhaps my slimserver.pref file has other corruption due to this bug?

Phil