PDA

View Full Version : I am a very happy user. Thanks for a great device and the pandora integration!

julianbuss
2006-03-05, 08:27
I just want to drop a note that I am extremly pleased with the Squeezebox, the server software, the support and the new pandora integration.

The device looks very good, the display is brilliant, the server software runs on linux, support answers questions quickly, the system is stable and reliable, internet radio works perfectly and I cannot express strong enough how cool the pandora integration is.

So just two word to the slimdevices developers: THANK YOU.

Ben Sandee
2006-03-05, 10:35
On 3/5/06, julianbuss <
julianbuss.247dfz1141572601 (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com> wrote:
>
>
> I just want to drop a note that I am extremly pleased with the
> Squeezebox, the server software, the support and the new pandora
> integration.
>
> The device looks very good, the display is brilliant, the server
> software runs on linux, support answers questions quickly, the system
> is stable and reliable, internet radio works perfectly and I cannot
> express strong enough how cool the pandora integration is.
>

I agree -- the Pandora integration is amazing. Far exceeds expectations and
I actually have a reason to retire my Slimp3's now... dang.

Michaelwagner
2006-03-05, 10:48
Ben: where are you located?

brookheather
2006-03-05, 11:28
Has anyone else got the same problem as we where when you pause a track from Pandora Radio for the first time it mutes the sound but doesn't actually pause it? Subsequent pauses work fine.

- Simon.

Mark Lanctot
2006-03-05, 11:45
Has anyone else got the same problem as we where when you pause a track from Pandora Radio for the first time it mutes the sound but doesn't actually pause it? Subsequent pauses work fine.

- Simon.

Strange, you shouldn't be able to pause streams at all. It's a continuous stream and it can't be stopped. If you pause it, the data doesn't accumulate somewhere, it just keeps coming. Therefore pause of a stream = mute. It's strange that "subsequent" pauses work. The SB has a buffer to store data, although I believe for streams it's not extensively used.

This is different than local files with SlimServer. You have the entire passage right on your disk so you can do whatever you like with it in terms of pause, fast-forward, rewind and stop.

Robbert
2006-03-05, 15:22
I just want to drop a note that I am extremly pleased with the Squeezebox, the server software, the support and the new pandora integration.

The device looks very good, the display is brilliant, the server software runs on linux, support answers questions quickly, the system is stable and reliable, internet radio works perfectly and I cannot express strong enough how cool the pandora integration is.

So just two word to the slimdevices developers: THANK YOU.

I totaly agree, I've had my box up and running for a week now and I am stunned by its features en quality!
Everybody who loves music should get one!

Ben Sandee
2006-03-05, 18:10
On 3/5/06, Michaelwagner <
Michaelwagner.247jxb1141581001 (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com> wrote:
>
>
> Ben: where are you located?

Right about here:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=53070&ll=43.602522,-87.751923&spn=0.121075,0.346069&t=h

Hope the URL didn't get munged. At this point Pandora is one of the few
positive things about living in the US. :-)

Ben

Skunk
2006-03-05, 18:41
I totaly agree, I've had my box up and running for a week now and I am stunned by its features en quality!
Everybody who loves music should get one!

Me too. I'm a recovering audiogon-aholic, but it's killed my urge to upgrade. There's lots of potential in that box, if your system is up to revealing it.

Everybody who _hates_ music should get one too, perhaps it would help set them straight.

dem
2006-03-05, 19:26
I reported the bug here:

http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=3063

But apparently Andy can't reproduce it. Nice to know I'm not crazy, though. :-)

Strange, you shouldn't be able to pause streams at all. It's a continuous stream and it can't be stopped.

When you pause a Pandora stream, you're basically asking their server to pause the transmission.

dean
2006-03-05, 23:31
On Mar 5, 2006, at 6:26 PM, dem wrote:
> Mark Lanctot Wrote:
>> Strange, you shouldn't be able to pause streams at all. It's a
>> continuous stream and it can't be stopped.
>>
> When you pause a Pandora stream, you're basically asking their server
> to pause the transmission.
Actually, no. When you pause the stream, the player fades out
(quickly) then simply stops playing out audio. The buffer will
continue fill up with the remaining bits of the song. When you
unpause, it should continue to play out.

This is how it's supposed to work, but it sounds like the fade
happens, but the audio continues to be decoded. Thanks for the bug
report, we'll try to figure out what's going on.

-dean