PDA

View Full Version : support for audible.com books?

manoutoftime
2006-02-15, 15:40
Is this the right place to ask this question?
cheers!

kdf
2006-02-15, 15:50
http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=2384

-k

ianjohnson_nz
2006-02-15, 17:05
Is this the right place to ask this question?
cheers!
If it's an MP3 or other format playable by squeezebox, it'll be fine. If the file you get from audible.com doesn't have tags in it (e.g. artist/album, etc) it will show up under Unknown Artist/Album etc if you search from your squeezebox. Alterntively put it in a folder that is easy to navigate to and use the Browse Music Folder option to go to it.

Regards, Ian

ianjohnson_nz
2006-02-15, 17:08
If it's an MP3 or other format playable by squeezebox, it'll be fine. If the file you get from audible.com doesn't have tags in it (e.g. artist/album, etc) it will show up under Unknown Artist/Album etc if you search from your squeezebox. Alterntively put it in a folder that is easy to navigate to and use the Browse Music Folder option to go to it.

Regards, Ian
Oops I guess it's not a mp3!

One option, play it on your computer and record it with a sound util (I use GoldWave), and generate a MP3 from that.

malsbury
2006-02-15, 17:55
If it's an MP3 or other format playable by squeezebox, it'll be fine.They are not, they are in audible's proprietary format (.aa). I use River Past Audio Converter 5.0 to convert them to wav files that can be played by Slimserver or converted to any other format from there. This feature was removed from later versions of River Past Audio Converter, but many freeware download sites still have copies of Version 5.x. Just do a google search for it.

--Tom Malsbury